Easy Mexican Recipe
Travis Said:I need a good, easy, recipe for a mexican torta recipe.?
We Answered:SPICY MEXICAN TORTE
1 pound chorizo sausage, casings removed and crumbled
1 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers, drained
4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
2 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese, divided
1 (16 ounce) can refried beans, divided
1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
In a large skillet or frying pan, cook chorizo, onion and garlic over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sausage is done. Drain off grease, stir in chilies and set aside.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a 10 inch pie plate.
Place 1 tortilla in pie plate. Spread half of the sausage mixture over tortillas. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Place 1 tortilla on top of cheese. Spread with beans. Place 1 tortilla on beans and place peppers on tortillas. Place 1 tortilla on top of peppers. Spread with remaining sausage mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Cover and bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes more, or until cheese is melted and center is hot. Cool 10 minutes before cutting.
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup uncooked white rice
1 onion, chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
2 cups water
1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
2 teaspoons chili powder, or to taste
1 teaspoon salt
Heat oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Saute rice, onion, and bell pepper until rice is browned and onions are tender.
Stir in water and tomatoes. Season with chili powder and salt. Cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, or until rice is cooked and liquid is absorbed.
Ashley Said:i need an easy Mexican recipe!!?
We Answered:Veggie Quesadillas
6 MissionÂ® Soft Wheat Flour Tortillas
4 Tbsp. Italian Dressing
1 large Red Onion diced
1 large Tomato diced
2 Anaheim Chiles seeded and diced
1 tsp. Chile Powder
1/4 cup Cilantro chopped
3 cups JalapeÃ±o Monterey Jack Cheese grated
Salsa, Guacamole and Sour Cream
1. Combine 1/2 of the Italian dressing, onion, tomato, chilies and chili powder in a microwave proof bowl or casserole.
2. Microwave at full power, uncovered, for 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender and mixture is thickened, stir in cilantro. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese on 1/2 of each tortilla and top with 3 tablespoons vegetable mixture.
3. Fold tortillas in half and brush with remaining Italian dressing. Place 3 filled tortillas on a wax paper lined plate and microwave on High for 1 minute or until cheese is melted; repeat with remaining tortillas.
4. Cut each quesadilla into thirds. Garnish with salsa, guacamole and sour cream if desired; serve immediately.
Mexican Holiday Spirals
3/4 cup Sour Cream
1/4 cup finely chopped Red Pepper
1 Tbsp. Dill Weed
1 tsp. Onion Salt
4 MissionÂ® Flour Tortillas Soft Taco Size
8 slices Deli-Thin Swiss Cheese
1 pkg. (12 oz.) Smoked Cooked Ham
1. Mix sour cream, red pepper, dill and onion salt until well blended.
2. Spread 1/4 cup sour cream mixture over each tortilla. Top each with 2 cheese slices and 4 ham slices.
3. Roll tortillas up tightly. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Cut into 1-inch slices.
Eight Layer Torte
1 pkg. Lawry'sÂ® Taco Seasoning Mix divided
1 cup Sour Cream
16 oz. can Refried Beans
15 oz. can Black Beans drained
1 medium Tomato chopped
1 small can sliced Olives drained
1 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
1 large Avocado peeled, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup Scallions or Green Onions thinly sliced
Cilantro Sprigs for garnish
6 MissionÂ® Soft Taco Size Flour Tortillas
1. In a small bowl, mix together 2 teaspoons Taco Seasonings with sour cream; set aside. In a medium bowl, mix together remaining Taco Seasonings with refried beans; set aside.
2. To make two tortes, place 2 tortillas on two separate plates. Top each tortilla with 1/4 of refried beans, black beans, tomatoes, olives, cheese, avocado, sour cream, and green onion, making sure to spread toppings toward the outer edge of tortilla. Repeat layer ending with a tortilla. Wrap both tortes with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. When ready to serve, slice into wedges with serrated blade knife. Spoon salsa over wedges and garnish with a sprig of cilantro, if desired.
Enjoy this delicious Mexican recipe!
Micheal Said:Does anyone have an easy, authentic Mexican food recipe that they would be willing to share?
We Answered:Genuine Mexican guacamole:
3-4 large avocados peeled and cubed, two medium ripe regular size tomatoes or 3-4 ripe pomadoros diced, 1-3 serrano chiles (depending on how hot you like it) diced, 2 tablespoones diced union, 2-3 tablespoons diced fresh cilantro, juice of one lime, salt if desired.
Mix all ingredients well- Do not mash up the avocados. Serve with tortilla chips or tostadas.
Dawn Said:easy mexican recipe?
We Answered:The easiest would be Chicken Quesadillas. Another easy one would be taco salad with chicken instead of ground beef.
Jill Said:Does anybody know an easy Mexican recipe?
We Answered:omg you came to the right person or i came to you. everyone loves guacamole and its super easy to make and very cheap as well.all you need is avocado lemon salt tomato and onion if you wish.
you first would take the skin of the avocados(quantity depends on how much salsa you want to make.
with a fork squish it until its creamy. lemon will help make it creamy. add lots thatz what makes it so good! or until it tastes good to you.
then cut the tomato into little squares to add color and texture not to mention taste to ur guacamole.
do the same ith your onion.
add salt if its tooo sour or to give it taste
eat with salted chips for better taste!
hope i helped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bob Said:need an easy mexican rice recipe PLEASE?
We Answered:this is the easiest recipe and you can use either rice.
If using Long grain add more broth as per directions on box,,this recipe is for instant rice.
2 tbs veg oil
2/3 cup uncooked instant rice
2/3 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
2 tablespoons chopped celery
2 tablespoons chopped onion
1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons water
1/2 cup salsa
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 tsp cumin
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1.In a skillet, saute in oil green pepper, celery, onion and garlic and rice until rice is light brown.. Add the salsa, Broth , salt if desired, chili powder, pepper, cumin and Cook until liquid is absorbed.
Ashley Said:Whats an EASY Mexican Recipe using chicken drumsticks?
We Answered:Mexican - Style Chicken
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 cup picante sauce
1 (5.5-ounce) can spicy-hot vegetable juice
1/4 cup water Cooking spray
4 chicken drumsticks, skinned
4 chicken thighs, skinned
1/4 4 cup thinly sliced green bell pepper
1 cup thinly sliced onion
1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; mix well. Combine picante
sauce, vegetable juice, and water in a separate bowl.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high
heat. Add chicken; sprinkle evenly with chili powder mixture. Top with bell
pepper and onion. Drizzle with picante sauce mixture. Bring to a boil;
cover, reduce heat, and simmer 40 minÂ utes or until chicken is no longer
pink in the center, stirring occaÂ sionally.