Seafood Pasta Recipes
Kathleen Said:Pasta recipes?
We Answered:This is a little time consuming but soooo good!
ITALIAN LEMON BUTTER CHICKEN
* Lemon Butter Sauce:
* 1/4 cup white wine
* 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
* 5 tablespoons heavy cream
* 1 cup butter, chilled
* 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
* Chicken and Pasta:
* 1/2 pound dry farfalle (bow tie) pasta
* 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 pinch salt and pepper to taste
* 4 ounces bacon
* 6 ounces mushrooms, sliced
* 6 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and halved
* 2 teaspoons capers, drained
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley for garnish
1. To make the sauce, pour the wine and lemon juice into a saucepan over medium heat. Cook at a low boil until the liquid is reduced by 1/3. Stir in cream, and simmer until it thickens. Gradually add the butter 1 tablespoon at a time to the sauce, stirring until completely incorporated. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat, and keep warm.
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
3. To make the chicken, heat oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. In a bowl, stir together flour, salt, and pepper. Lightly coat chicken with flour mixture. Without crowding, carefully place chicken in hot oil. (If necessary, cook in batches.) Fry until cooked through and golden brown on both sides. Remove the chicken to paper towels. Stir the bacon, mushrooms, artichokes, and capers into the oil; cook until the mushrooms are soft.
4. Cut the chicken breasts into bite-size strips, and return them to the skillet. Stir half of the lemon butter sauce into the chicken mixture.
5. To serve, place pasta in a large bowl. Stir the chicken mixture into the pasta. Taste, and adjust seasonings. Stir in additional lemon butter sauce as desired. Toss well, and garnish with parsley.
Another chicken and pasta recipe, it's really yummy
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
* 1 cup chicken broth, divided
* 1 cup heavy cream
* 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
* salt and pepper to taste
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
* 8 ounces dry fettuccini pasta
1. In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter; add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes and 3/4 cup of the chicken broth; increase to medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes or until the tomatoes are tender. Add the cream and bring to a boil; stirring. Simmer over medium heat until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
2. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. In a large skillet over medium heat, warm oil and saute chicken. Press on chicken occasionally with a slotted spatula. Cook for about 4 minutes per side or until the meat feels springy and is no longer pink inside. Transfer to a board; cover and keep warm. Discard the fat from the skillet.
3. In the same skillet, over medium heat, bring 1/4 cup chicken broth to a boil; stirring the pan juices. Reduce slightly and add to the cream sauce; stir in basil and adjust seasonings to taste.
4. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add fettuccine and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain, transfer to a bowl and toss with 3 to 4 tablespoons of the sauce.
5. Cut each chicken breast into 2 to 3 diagonal slices. Reheat the sauce gently if needed. Transfer the pasta to serving plates; top with chicken and coat with the cream sauce; serve.
CAJUN SEAFOOD PASTA
* 2 cups heavy whipping cream
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
* 2 teaspoons salt
* 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
* 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
* 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
* 1 cup chopped green onions
* 1 cup chopped parsley
* 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
* 1/2 pound scallops
* 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
* 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 1 pound dry fettuccine pasta
1. Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, pour cream into large skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until just about boiling. Reduce heat, and add herbs, salt, peppers, onions, and parsley. Simmer 7 to 8 minutes, or until thickened.
3. Stir in seafood, cooking until shrimp is no longer transparent. Stir in cheeses, blending well.
4. Drain pasta. Serve sauce over noodles.