Veggie Pasta Recipes
Robin Said:Have a favorite Pasta Salad Recipes?
We Answered:This is one of my favorites. It was born while trying to replicate a pasta salad from an Italian store in Kenosha, WI: Tenuta's. I love that store.
Pasta Salad with Chicken
1 box (16 ounce) large shell pasta, cooked, drained and cooled
1 can petite english peas, drained
4 ounces sun dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and diced fine
1 roasted red pepper, diced fine
1 cup ripe olives, sliced
Â¾ cup mozarella cheese, grated
Â¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
1 teaspoon salt
Â¼ teaspoon ground pepper
Â¼ teaspoon garlic powder
â…› teaspoon dill weed
â…› teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon dried parsley
â…“ cup Italian dressing
â…“ cup ranch salad dressing
Â¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and diced into bite size pieces
In large bowl, combine all ingredients well. Cover and chill overnight.
Georgia Said:any great veggie pasta dishes ???
We Answered:try a thai style coconut curry sauce with stir fried tofu and broccoli and asian veggies......it is SO good over rice noodles. yummy =)
Anne Said:Pasta and Veggie recipes please?
We Answered:Boil the pasta in salted water until just tender (al dente).
Boil the frozen veggies too, you can use the same water/pot.
If you have them, chop up some onion & celery, about 1 cup.
You could pre-soften them in the vegetable oil if you like.
Mix everything in a casserole dish, with sauce of your choice.
You can add ground meat, tuna, shrimp, diced chicken, etc.
Douglas Said:Pasta recipes?
We Answered:These are all vegetarian recipes
(Recipe developed with Laiterie Triballat)
1lb / 400g pasta shells
3oz / 75g walnuts, finely chopped
1oz / 25g fresh basil, finely chopped
4oz /60g oyster mushrooms, finely sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1oz / 25g unsalted butter
7f1oz / 200ml fromage frais
salt and pepper
2oz / 50g grated vegetarian parmesan cheese
1. Cook the pasta shells in a large saucepan with plenty of bailing water for 10-12 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, gently cook the mushrooms and garlic in the butter for 2-3 minutes.
3. Mix the basil and walnuts with the fromage frais and seasoning
4. Drain the pasta, and mix in the mushrooms and fromage frais mixture.
5. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Follow with a soya fruit flavoured dessert.
LASAGNE WITH CHESTNUTS AND PEPPERS
Vegetable lasagne is still the most popular vegetarian dish, but unfortunately it is often badly made, consisting of layers of lasagne with tinned tomatoes, onion and a few cubes of courgette in between. This is a more interesting lasagne recipe that uses chestnuts as the basis of the layered sauce.
30ml/2tbsp olive oil
1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
100g/4oz mushrooms, chopped
Â½ red pepper, finely diced
Â½ green pepper, finely diced
175g/6oz cooked chestnuts (canned or vacuum packed), mashed
15ml/1tbsp tomato puree
2tsp fresh herbs e.g. marjoram or oregano, finely chopped
to taste salt and pepper
a little red wine (or vegetable stock)
6-8 sheets spinach lasagne
50g/2oz plain white flour
450g/ Â¾ pint milk
100g/4oz vegetarian cheddar cheese, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/gas 5.
2. Heat the oil in a medium sized saucepan and fry the onion for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add the chopped mushrooms and peppers and saute for several minutes.
3. Stir in the mashed chestnuts, tomato puree and herbs. Add a little stock or red wine, but donâ€™t make the mixture too runny. Season to taste and simmer for 2 minutes. Allow to cool.
4. Put half the chestnut mixture in the bottom of a rectangular ovenproof dish. Cover with pieces of lasagne making sure they do not overlap. Repeat the layers.
5. Make a cheese sauce, season to taste, add a little freshly grated nutmeg if desired and pour over the top of the final layer of lasagne. Bake in the preheated oven for about 40-45 minutes until the lasagne has cooked and the sauce is golden brown on top.
Pasta with Garlic, Walnut & Rocket Sauce
This is the quickest of sauces - you just whizz the ingredients in the food processor.
12oz/350g pasta, such as penne or rigatoni
1 garlic clove
Â½tsp fresh marjoram leaves
4floz/125ml olive oil
4floz/125ml double cream
handful of chopped fresh rocket
1. Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water for about 10 minutes.
2. Put the walnuts and garlic in a food processor and blend. Mix in the marjoram.
3. Put the walnut mixture in a saucepan and stir in the olive oil, cream and rocket. Mix thoroughly, then heat gently.
4. Drain the pasta, pour over the hot sauce and serve immediately.
why not try using quorn for a great tasting low calorie lasagna (vegetarian)
5 ml; (1 tsp)olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
110g (4oz) button mushrooms, sliced(optional)
Salt and pepper
250g (9oz) Quorn Mince
8 sheets pre-cooked lasagne
570ml (1pint) white sauce, made using a packet mix made up with semi skimmed milk
Jar of Ragu
50g (2oz) Cheddar cheese, grated
1 .Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas mark 6
2 .Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and Quorn and fry until soft.
3 .Add the mushrooms, Ragu, seasoning and simmer for 5 minutes.
4 .Add the cheese to the white sauce.
5 .Arrange the layers of Quorn sauce, lasagne and cheese sauce in a lasagne dish in that order. Finish with a topping of cheese sauce.
6 .Bake for 25 minutes until the topping is golden brown.
7. Serve immediately with a green salad.
Catherine Said:veggie pasta pemberton recipe?
We Answered:GOOGLE IT! :)
Terrance Said:10 points for best answer-veggie recipes please?
We Answered:i love vegetable pot pie it's so AMAZING
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
8 ounces mushrooms
1 clove garlic, minced
2 large carrots, diced
2 potatoes, peeled and diced
2 stalks celery, sliced 1/4 inch wide
2 cups cauliflower florets
1 cup fresh green beans, trimmed and snapped into 1/2 inch pieces
3 cups vegetable broth
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
5 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 recipe pastry for double-crust pie (look below)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
Heat oil in a large skillet or saucepan. Cook onions, mushrooms, and garlic in oil for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in carrots, potatoes, and celery. Stir in cauliflower, green beans, and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then turn heat down to a simmer. Cook until vegetables are barely tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch, soy sauce, and 1/4 cup water until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Stir into vegetables, and cook until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.
Roll out 1/2 of the dough to line an 11x7 inch baking dish. Pour the filling into the pastry lined dish. Roll out remaining dough, arrange over the filling, and seal and flute the edges.
Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the crust is brown.
Pastry for double-crust pie
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup shortening
6 tablespoons cold water
Add to Recipe Box
In a bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in the shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Divide dough in half so that one ball is slightly larger than the other. Roll out larger ball to fit a 9-in. or 10-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry even with edge.
Pour desired filling into crust. Roll out second ball. Position over filling; cut slits in pastry. Trim pastry to 1 in. beyond edge of pie plate. Trim pastry to 1 in. beyond edge of pie plate. Fold top crust over bottom crust. Flute edges. Bake according to recipe directions.