Easy Salad Recipe
Stacy Said:Does anyone have a creamy and easy chicken salad recipe? AND?
We Answered:This is a good one that I found and I love it! Calories are about 500 or less, depending on what you add to it.
* 1/2 C. mayonnaise or salad dressing
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1/4 tsp. poultry seasoning
* 1/4 tsp. onion powder
* 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
* 1 Tbs. lemon juice
* 3 C.diced, cooked chicken breast meat
* 1/2 C. finely chopped celery
* 1/2C. chopped green onions
* 1 1/2 C. diced Swiss cheese
* 1 1/2 C. halved green grapes
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, salt, poultry seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, and lemon juice.
2. In a large bowl, toss together the chicken, celery, green onions, Swiss cheese, and grapes.
3. Add the mayonnaise mixture, and stir to coat.
4. Chill until serving.
Andrew Said:I want a good easy quick recipe for candy apple salad?
* 6 Tart Apples Like Macintosh, Ida Red, Granny Smith
* 1 16 Oz Container Cool Whip
* 6 Regular Sized Snickers Candy Bar
* Carmel flavored ice cream topping
1. Freeze snickers. Unwrap and put in zip lock bag. Pound it with a kitchen mallet until chunky - the kids love this part, or if you want it to look pretty, you can bypass the freezing and cut them up.
2. Core, and cut apples into chuncks
3. Fold apples and candy into whipped cream, put in a pretty glass bowl, chill about an hour.
4. Drizzle just a little carmel topping over all and serve.
James Said:help!!!!!!!!!!! need a potato salad recipe, easy but very taste?
We Answered:This is my recipe so i'll put into my words...
This will make about 1/2 gal.. a good sized bowl..
Triple this for 40 servings...
10 red potatoes med to large
3 big T Miracle whip
1/4 c Sweet pickles chopped fine(you need bout 1/4 cup of the pickle juice too!)
1/2 onion chopped fine
1/2 bell pepper chopped fine
4 green onion tops chopped fine
1/2 stalk of celery chopped fine
1 big T mustard
2 t sugar
4 T of oil or butter
5 eggs hard boiled and chopped
Peel and quater potatoes, then slice them lil smaller, just keep them the same size!
Cover the potatoes in cold water in a pot bring to boil, skim off the foam, add salt/pepper, oil n sugar, boil the potaotes till fork tender about 15 to 20 min... Drain. Let cool somewhat. Unless you want smooth salad, then whip them as soon as you drain them..I like mine semi/chunky & semi/creamy so I usually mash a few with a fork....Dump cooled taters in a big bowl...add everything, mayo, mustard, pickles, onions, green tops, peppers, celery & pickle juice..Basically everything but the eggs. Stir all that together.. Add some salt n pepper, now taste it. If you want it more creamy add a spoon of mayo, if u want more sour add lil spoon of mustard,, but the pickle juice is what give it that POP it so add more of that till it tastes good to you..Then add chopped eggs. Fold in to the salad. I like mine cold so I make it ahead. But some like there's warm...
Thats up to you...
Cathy Said:i need a verrry easy chicken salad recipe?
We Answered:Best Chicken Salad (i ever tried) :
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
6 (4 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
3 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon pepper
1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup halved seedless red grapes
1/2 cup cashews
- In a large, self-sealing bag, combine honey and Worcestershire sauce. Add chicken and place bag in a shallow dish in the refrigerator. Chill 2 to 4 hours, turning bag occasionally. Remove chicken and discard marinade.
- Grill chicken over medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes, until juices run clear and chicken is no longer pink inside. Remove from grill, cool and chop.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining honey, mustard, vinegar, lemon zest, lemon pepper, poppy seeds and garlic powder. Add chicken, grapes and cashews and toss until evenly coated. Cover and chill until serving.
* serve with shredded lettuce, and a glass of white wine.... ;)
Super Easy Chinese-style Chicken Salad :
1 cup sweet and sour sauce (or plum sauce ;)
1 pinch ground ginger
6 cups romaine lettuce - torn, washed and dried
1 cup fresh bean sprouts
4 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded
1/2 cup cornflakes cereal
1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
1 pinch ground black pepper
2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)
- Pour sweet and sour sauce into a large bowl. Sprinkle ground ginger into the bowl and mix it thoroughly with the sauce.
- Place romaine lettuce and bean sprouts into the bowl of sauce and toss it a few times.
- Add the shredded chicken to the bowl and toss it thoroughly with the lettuce and bean sprouts.
- Transfer the salad into a large serving bowl or 4 separate serving bowls. Top with cornflakes, almonds and a pinch of black ground pepper. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
* served over premixed shredded carrots and cabbage.... :)
Curried Chicken and Rice Salad :
3 cups cooked white rice
2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
1/2 cup celery, sliced
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise -- Which you can just Leave Out!! ;)
3 tablespoons peach or mango chutney (or apricot/peach preserves :)
2 teaspoons ground curry powder
3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
2 tablespoons pine nuts (or chopped cashews, in case of no pine nuts...)
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, chicken, celery, green onions, bell peppers, sour cream, mayonnaise, chutney, curry and salt. Mix well, cover and refrigerate until chilled. Sprinkle with pine nuts before serving.
* add cayenne pepper, if desired.
Paul Said:What's your favorite easy salad recipe?
We Answered:Here's my favorite! Everyone that tries it loves it!
1 pkg pre-made coleslaw
1/4-1/2 cup shredded parmesean cheese
1/2 pkg caesar croutons
1 bottle creamy caesar dressing
Toss first three ingredients together. Add enough dressing to coat. It's even good the next day!