Low Calorie Salad Recipes
Peter Said:low fat, low calorie salads?
We Answered:i have a very good website that give you recipies *low carb*low fat*
just write what you need in its search and it will help you i m sure
low fat salad
Chester Said:Looking for a Low Calorie Recipe for Asian Salad Dressing?
We Answered:Ginger Sesame Dressing
2 cloves garlic -- coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh ginger -- coarsely chopped
3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons sesame oil
3 tablespoons tahini
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (could use grapeseed oil)
Process garlic,ginger, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and sesame oil in a food processor until well combined. Add tahini, pulse until dressing appears thick.
Islands China Coast Salad Dressing
Julienned carrots, fried noodles, sesame seeds, mandarin orange wedges and chives. But's it's the dressing that pulls it all together. In fact, many diners think the dressing's so good they ask for extra and discreetly smuggle it home. Well, no more smuggling required. Now, with this simple formula, you can make your own clone at home and use it on any salad combination.
1/2 cup mayonnaise
5 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix with an electric mixer until well-blended and sugar is dissolved. Chill
Connie Said:i need a recipe of simple but low fat as well as low calorie salad.?
1 slice bacon
4 cups broccoli florets
1/4 cup chopped celery (2 small stalks)
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
2 Tbsp reduced-fat sour cream
1 Tbsp white vinegar
1 Tbsp sugar
1. Heat a small frying pan over medium heat. Cook the bacon, turning often, until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan, and crumble into small pieces. Set aside.
2. Combine the broccoli, celery, red onion, raisins, and bacon in a large bowl.
3. In a seperate small dish, combine the mayonniase, sour cream, vinegar, and sugar, and mix well. Pour the dressing over the broccoli mixture, and toss to coat well.
4. Cover, and chill in the refrigerator for at least a 1/2 hour.
Makes 4 1/2 cups
Per Serving (2/3 cup) Calories 74
Jason Said:Any Low Calorie Bluberry Salad Recipes? Or ideas?
We Answered:Shredded Spinach leaves, chopped green onion, whole blueberries, drizzle with Balsamic Vinegar.
Lauren Said:What are some healthy salad recipes?
We Answered:check out http://www.allrecipes.com
Ellen Said:What are some low calorie vegetarian salad and soup recipes?
We Answered:I normally just make a salad with lettuce, tomato, avocado, and whatever other veggies I have around. Then I make a quick vinaigrette with olive oil, vinegar, dijon, garlic, salt and pepper. I also made a really good soup recently. I am not sure how many calories, but it seems pretty low calorie to me.
Garden Vegetable Soup
Recipe courtesy Alton Brown, 2004
6 to 8 servings
* 4 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 cups chopped leeks, white part only (from approximately 3 medium leeks)
* 2 tablespoons finely minced garlic
* Kosher salt
* 2 cups carrots, peeled and chopped into rounds (approximately 2 medium)
* 2 cups peeled and diced potatoes
* 2 cups fresh green beans, broken or cut into 3/4-inch pieces
* 2 quarts chicken or vegetable broth
* 4 cups peeled, seeded, and chopped tomatoes
* 2 ears corn, kernels removed
* 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1/4 cup packed, chopped fresh parsley leaves
* 1 to 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
Heat the olive oil in large, heavy-bottomed stockpot over medium-low heat. Once hot, add the leeks, garlic, and a pinch of salt and sweat until they begin to soften, approximately 7 to 8 minutes. Add the carrots, potatoes, and green beans and continue to cook for 4 to 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the stock, increase the heat to high, and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, add the tomatoes, corn kernels, and pepper. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook until the vegetables are fork tender, approximately 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from heat and add the parsley and lemon juice. Season, to taste, with kosher salt. Serve immediately.
Lewis Said:salad dressing or vinaigrette for low calorie-salad? ingredients or recipe. thanks !?
We Answered:aolt of people lately have been using lemons and just squeezing a little lemon juice on salads. It's much better than vinagarette and WAY better for you than dressing