Spinach Salad Recipes
We Answered:Spinach salad with figs and warm bacon dressing:
* 3 to 4 cups washed baby spinach leaves
* 12 to 18 fresh figs, washed
* 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
* crumbled blue cheese, about 3 to 4 tablespoons
* pecans, halves or coarsely chopped, about 2 tablespoons
* 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
* 1/3 cup granulated sugar
* 1/3 cup red wine vinegar or red wine vinegar with pomegranate
* 1 tablespoon water
* 2 teaspoons cornstarch
* dash salt
Arrange the spinach leaves on four salad plates. Slice figs in half and arrange on the spinach. Sprinkle thinly sliced red onion over the spinach, then sprinkle with the cheese and pecans. Combine dressing ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
Spoon some of the warm dressing over the salads, making sure each salad gets some of the bacon pieces.
Spinach salad with strawberries and pecan
* 8 ounces fresh torn spinach or baby spinach
* 1 1/2 to 2 cups cleaned and sliced strawberries
* 1/2 cup pecan halves or pieces, lightly toasted
* 2 to 3 ounces goat cheese or blue cheese, crumbled, optional
* 1/4 cup Canola oil or other salad oil
* 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
* 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
* 1/8 teaspoon each onion and garlic powder
* dash dry mustard
Toss spinach with sliced strawberries, pecans, and cheese, if using.
Combine dressing ingredients in a jar; shake until well blended. When ready to serve, drizzle dressing over the salad and toss lightly.
Serves 4 to 6.
Fresh spinach salad
Spinach salad with tomatoes and cooked peas and onion.
* 4 cups chilled fresh spinach, coarsely torn
* 1 cup chilled, cooked peas
* 1/4 cup chopped onion, yellow or red
* 4 medium tomatoes, cut in wedges
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
In a large salad bowl, toss ingredients together. Serve with vinaigrette, French Dressing, or purchased dressing.
Spinach Salad with Hard Cooked Eggs and Mayonnaise
* 3/4 cup mayonnaise
* 1 teaspoon vinegar
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* dash hot pepper sauce
* 1/2 cup chopped celery
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 3 hard cooked eggs, chopped
* 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
* 4 cups fresh spinach leaves, stems trimmed and torn into pieces before measuring
Several hours before serving, combine 3/4 cup mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, hot pepper sauce, celery, onion, and eggs. Refrigerate.
Put the shredded cheese and 4 cups spinach into a large bowl; toss with chilled dressing.
Spinach salad serves 5 to 6.
Willard Said:Dave and Buster's Honey Mustard Spinach Salad Recipe????
We Answered:This link might help figure it out:
Alan Said:Searching for a Specific Wilted Spinach Salad Recipe
We Answered:Wilted Spinach Salad with Balsamic-Honey Vinaigrette
This sounds very much as to what you described if you just leave out the mushrooms, add halved cherry tomatoes, use raspberry balsamic vinegar, and sprinkle with walnuts!
1 pound baby spinach leaves
1/4 cup olive oil, divided
1/4 pound prosciutto, cut in strips (or bacon)
1 garlic clove, minced
1 portobello mushroom cap, sliced (optional)
1/2 red onion, cut in rings
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (raspberry)
1 tablespoon honey
3 ounces Gorgonzola
Salt and pepper
Trim, wash and dry the spinach thoroughly and place in a salad bowl.
Coat a saute pan with 2 tablespoons olive oil and put over medium heat. Fry the prosciutto and garlic for a minute to flavor the oil, and then add the mushrooms and onions. Saute the mushrooms and onions until they are slightly brown and tender, about 3 minutes.
Scrape the mixture on top of the spinach, return the pan to the stove. Add balsamic vinegar and scrape up the bits at the bottom of the pan. Add remaining oil and honey. Swirl pan around for a minute to warm the vinaigrette.
Pour the vinaigrette over the salad, top with Gorgonzola. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Ted Said:Spinach Salad Recipe?
We Answered:yield: Makes 4 servings
Orange Sesame Dressing
1 cup orange juice
1 teaspoon honey
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce (optional)
1 shallot, chopped
2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
6 cups washed baby spinach
1/4 cup daikon sprouts
1/4 cup julienned carrot
1/4 cup julienned jicama
2 tablespoons mixture of black sesame seeds and white sesame seeds, for garnish
1. For the dressing, cook the orange juice in a saucepan until reduced by half. Combine with the honey, sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, water and hot sauce in a blender. Add the shallot and ginger and process until smooth. Store in the refrigerator.
2. For the salad, mix the spinach, daikon sprouts, carrot and jicama in large bowl. Add the dressing and toss to coat well. Garnish with the sesame seeds.