Annette Said:Where can I buy fresh seafood, like crabs and shrimp to cook in and around Houston, Texas near the causeway?
We Answered:The place you are talking about is probably on Highway 146 at the Dickinson Bayou bridge. I think it is called Hillman's.
From Houston, go south on I45 to the town of Dickinson. At state highway 517, take the exit and go left towards San Leon. When you get to 146, turn right and the place you are talking about is by the base of the bridge on the right. If my memory isn't serving me correctly, just stop and ask. You will be close to it.
The HEB is on I45 at FM517. It is fairly new so it could not have been any longer than 4 or 5 years ago that you were there. From the shrimp place, go on over the bridge and the highway (146) will take you back to I45 about a mile or so from the causeway.
If you bought the seafood in Crystal Beach, it was Milt's or JB Seafood. Crystal Beach (Bolivar Peninsula) now has several places that have very fresh crabs and shrimp.
Let me know if you want the names of some and the locations.
Beverly Said:What kind of broth would go well with seafood such as shrimp and crab?
We Answered:You could use something like bottled clam juice which you could dilute with water if the flavor's too strong. Julia Child suggested using 1/2 chicken broth and 1/2 water for seafood soups/stews as well. If the shrimp that you're using come with shells, you could also make a shrimp broth by boiling them with chopped vegetables (onions, celery, etc) for about twenty minutes.
Susan Said:Whats the Name of this Mexican Sea food Drink i had? it was Red cold juice in a cup with Shrimp and seafood ?
We Answered:It sounds like a form of "Ceviche", different areas make it slightly different from the use of citrus fruits, to tomato products and veggies in it and as garnish.
Florence Said:Any recipes for seafood like shrimp, eggs, fish and mushrooms? or maybe scallops?
We Answered:here are some ideas
1 (16 ounce) package lasagna
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 pound baby portobello
2 (16 ounce) jars Alfredo-style
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 pound bay scallops
1 pound imitation crabmeat,
20 ounces ricotta cheese
6 cups shredded Italian cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
2. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sautee garlic and mushrooms until tender. Pour in 2 jars Alfredo sauce. Stir in shrimp, scallops and crabmeat. Simmer 5 to 10 minutes, or until heated through. In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg and pepper.
3. In a 9x13 inch baking dish, layer noodles, ricotta mixture, Alfredo mixture and shredded cheese. Repeat layers until all ingredients are used, ensuring that there is shredded cheese for the top.
4. Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Cover, and bake 15 minutes.
Seafood Stuffed Mushrooms
1 (8 ounce) package softened
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon Italian bread
1 green onion, chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon Worcestershire
1 teaspoon garlic powder 1 pinch salt and ground black
pepper to taste
1 (6 ounce) can snow crab,
1 (4 ounce) can small shrimp,
12 large white mushrooms,
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Place cream cheese, egg yolk, 1 tablespoon bread crumbs, green onion, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a mixer. Mix until smooth and evenly blended. Fold in the snow crab and shrimp. Stuff the mushrooms with this mixture, and press into the remaining bread crumbs to coat. Place onto baking sheet stuffing-side-up once coated.
3. Bake in preheated oven until the mushrooms have softened slightly, 12 to 14 minutes. Set oven to Broil, and broil mushrooms for a few minutes until the tops are golden and bubbly.
Scott Said:Where can I buy Seafood or shrimp stock I am tired of making it!?
We Answered:As your fishmonger , in the store, they may have it. I know most Kroger's would have atleast fish-stock.
Julio Said:Is it safe to consume seafood alive (drunken shrimp)?
We Answered:Yes,but i would not do it...