Tequila Lime Shrimp Recipe
Brenda Said:Food for small wedding??
We Answered:I just answered this and my full answer disappeared, so, I'm trying it again, since I couldn't find it.
Your menu sound great!
The shrimp sounds really good. But, you have to keep it cold on ice or serve it immediately after it is ready! Because it ruins fast! I'm sure your mom will let you have it! lol
The assorted fruit dip would be good with cubed Watermelon, Cantaloupe, Seedless Green Grapes and Strawberries!
A lot of people don't like Spinach Dip, Ranch Dip sounds better! mmm
Also, cubed cheese is really good. Like, Mild Cheddar, Mozzarella Cheese and Pepper Jack Cheese.
But, you wouldn't really need it with the finger sandwiches,
unless you just wanted to add it!
I would serve Pink Punch, Sweetened Tea and Unsweetened Tea and forget about the soda pops!
Hint: Also, you might ask your Mom or Dad to buy some Champagne for your Wedding. I think it is Good Luck for everyone to toast to You and your Groom! You only need enough for everyone to have a small glass! If you want more, save some back for later! LOL
Have a Great Wedding and Congratulations!
Edit: I wouldn't buy any beer! You don't want the groom to get plastered before the Honey Moon! LOL
Also, Beer and Champagne don't mix well!
Lester Said:any one have a recipe for grilled tequila lime shrimp?
We Answered:Tequila Lime Grilled Shrimp
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
2 pounds large shrimp, unpeeled
Â¼ cup fresh lime juice
Â¼ cup tequila
2 medium garlic cloves, minced
2 medium shallots, finely chopped
2 teaspoons cumin
salt and freshly ground black pepper
Â½ cup olive oil
1 bunch watercress
1. If using bamboo skewers, soak them in cold water for at least 1 hour. This will prevent them from burning when grilled.
2. Thread the shrimp on the skewers (3 to 4 to each skewer). Lay in a shallow, non-aluminum dish, large enough to hold the skewered shrimp.
3. To prepare the marinade: Whisk together the limejuice, tequila, garlic, shallots, cumin, salt, and pepper. Slowly add the olive oil, whisking until combined. Taste for seasoning.
4. Pour over the shrimp and marinate for at least Â½ and up to 4 hours.
5. Prepare the barbecue for medium-heat grilling.
6. Grill the shrimp on each side for about 4 minutes or to desired doneness. Remove from the grill and take the shrimp off the skewers. Garnish with the fresh watercress and lime slices. Serve with the salsa immediately.
Cook's Notes: This may be prepared 4 hours in advance through step 4 and refrigerated.
Katrina Said:Can you marinate tofu in alcohol?
We Answered:Sure, using cooking wine or similar with tofu is fairly common. Tofu is already curdled soymilk, so it shouldn't react with things. It does absorb liquids, so it should be suitable for your recipe. You may want to press out the water from the tofu first.