Gourmet Steak Recipes
David Said:What is a gourmet recipe that can be made with common household ingredients?
We Answered:i use this book from Cooking Light magazine, called Super Fast Suppers... the book has a whole chapter on the staples you should keep around the house that you can make tons of different recipes from.. the ingredients include stuff like dried pasta, canned tomatoes, canned beans, baby spinach, minute rice, other canned veggies, etc. Very plain items turned into very YUMMY dishes.
Actually, most of the Cooking Light mags have recipes like that... you can't find it in the magazine section of your grocery store, or try Amazon.com to find the books
PS: they are all low-cal too!!! And delicious, i hated "diet" recipes till I found Cooking Light!
Chad Said:Gourmet recipes?
We Answered:Lasagne Verdi al Forno
A recipe from Emilia-Romagna, Italy; this lasagna made with spinach pasta cannot be beat. It's excellent if you want to impress some guests, or even yourself. It may be a bit time consuming, but it's well worth the TLC you put into it.
5 ounces spinach - rinsed, stemmed, and dried
5/8 cup semolina flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons butter
2 slices bacon, diced
1 carrot, diced
1 stalk celery, diced
1 onion, diced
3 1/2 ounces lean ground pork
3 1/2 ounces lean ground beef
3 1/2 ounces minced ham
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 cup beef stock
salt and pepper to taste
3 1/2 ounces chicken livers, trimmed and chopped
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups warm milk
1 pinch salt
1 pinch ground nutmeg
1 2/3 cups grated Parmesan cheese
1 pint ricotta cheese
3 tablespoons butter
For the pasta dough: Steam the spinach in a steamer or over boiling water until bright green, 2 minutes. Squeeze to remove excess moisture and process in a food processor to make a paste. Combine spinach with eggs, semolina, and salt and process until smooth. Stir in enough of the flour to make a smooth dough. Knead briefly, cover and set aside.
For the ragu: In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Saute bacon, carrot, celery and onion until onion is translucent. Stir in ground pork, ground beef and minced ham, and cook until browned. Stir in tomato paste, oregano and beef stock. (Reserve the chicken livers for later.) Season with salt and pepper, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
For the bechamel: While the ragu is simmering, combine 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons flour in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk to make a roux. Remove from heat, let rest one minute, then whisk in warm milk. Return to heat, simmer 10 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened. Season with salt and nutmeg. Remove from heat.
To cook pasta: Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. On a floured surface, divide pasta dough into three portions. Roll each portion out to a thin sheet. Have ready an ice water bath. Cook each sheet 3 minutes in the boiling water; remove from the boiling water and dip in the ice water; drain and dry on a clean, dry cloth.
To finish the ragu: Stir the chicken livers into the simmering sauce. Cook 1 minute, remove from heat and set aside.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
To assemble lasagna: Place one pasta sheet in bottom of prepared baking dish. Spread one-third of the ragu, one-quarter of the bechamel, one-third of the ricotta, and one-quarter of the parmesan over the pasta. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining bechamel and parmesan and dot with butter.
Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes, until top is golden brown
April Said:What is a gourmet recipe for chicken that i can serve at a dinner party?
We Answered:i have a great spicy chicken and steak rice recipe if you would like it...if a rice dish is what you are after or there is this one that is delicious....
(and you can also make it with serloin steak)
* vegetable cooking spray
* 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 1 brown onion, chopped
* 1 cup milk
* 1 tablespoon coarse wholegrain mustard
* 1/4 pound Camembert cheese, cubed
* 1-1/2 avocado - peeled, pitted and sliced
1. Spray a skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium heat. Fry chicken breasts in the skillet until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
2. While the chicken cooks, melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat, and stir in flour until smooth. Stir in green onion, and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture starts to brown. Gradually mix in milk, and continue cooking and stirring until the sauce is thick and smooth. Remove from heat, and stir in the mustard and Camembert until melted and smooth.
3. Remove chicken to serving plates, and top with slices of avocado. Pour sauce over the chicken, and serve with fresh salad or steamed or roasted vegetables.
Its quite easy and its delicious!
Erica Said:Looking for Gourmet recipes?
We Answered:THE BEST NEW YORK STYLE PIZZA
1. Pizza stone (critical to the pizza crust texture)
2. Pizza peel (looks like a wooden pan, important in transferring the pizza to the oven
3. Thermometer (to measure water temperature)
4. Pizza cutter
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon olive oil
2/3 cups warm water (110Â°F to 115Â°F)
1 teaspoon sugar
5/8 teaspoon active dry yeast
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons pizza sauce
2/3 lb mozzarella cheese
1/4 lb Romano and Parmesan cheese
crushed red pepper
1. Mix the warm water and sugar in a small bowl until blended together.
2. Add the yeast and mix well. Then wait until the top becomes foamy (about 5-10 minutes).
3. In the meantime mix the flour, salt and olive oil in large bowl.
4. Once yeast/water mixture is ready, add it to the flour mixture and stir. Continue to mix until you get a doughy mass that is smooth and elastic. If it is still sticky, add some extra flour to it (It's okay if dough is slightly sticky).
5. Form the dough mass into a ball and place in an oiled bowl (you can use oil or a cooking spray). Roll the ball in the bowl so that it is covered in oil. Cover the bowl in plastic wrap and place in a warm place; let rise for at least an hour. (I run my clothes dryer for a minute then stop it and put the bowl inside).
6. If you are planning on cooking the pizza immediately, preheat the oven to 475Â°F and place the pizza stone inside the oven on the lowest rack. The stone should be heated in the oven for around an hour before placing the pizza. This way, your dough and your pizza stone will be ready around the same time.
1. Place dough ball on a flat (clean) floured surface.
2. Punch it down and work into a circular disc. At this point the dough should be smooth and elastic and easy to work with. If not, add a pinch full of flour and rub it on top of the dough.
3. Use your hands to spread out the dough (Don't use a rolling pin). You should work from the center and spread outwards (this ensures the center dough is thinner and keeps a thicker crust). You can also stretch the dough out by holding it on top of both fists and spreading them apart slowly.
Occasionally, flip the dough over and sprinkle a little flour on to make sure dough is not sticky. Continue to work dough until you have circular disc about 12"-14" in diameter.
4. Be sure when you have completed stretching out the dough that there are no parts of the dough that are sticky, as this will make transferring the pizza to the oven difficult.
Once ready, transfer dough to a pizza peel. The peel should be lightly covered in flour and corn meal (this will help keep the pizza from sticking to the peel).
5. Brush the pizza crust with olive oil. Then top with pizza sauce and cheeses.
6. Now add the spices over the cheese. Just add enough to lightly coat the surface with a single pass. You can add any toppings that you prefer to the pizza.
7. The pizza is now ready to be cooked. If you had your oven prepared with the pizza stone at 475Â°F for an hour, you are ready to go.
Using the pizza peel, slide the pizza on top of the stone. This can be tricky. Have the peel inside the oven at about a 20 degree angle. Then push the peel forward and jerk backwards. The pizza should slide right in like this.
8. Cook for 14 minutes and then remove only the pizza (use a pair of spatulas to remove the pizza). Let the stone remain in the oven and allow it to cool inside the oven.
9. Let the pizza cool for about 7 minutes before serving. Use a pizza cutter and make 8 slices.
Serves 2-4 people.
To clean the pizza stone:
Once it is cooled, use a metal spatula to scrape off any residue and use a wet paper towel to wipe off.
Don't use any soaps or detergents, the stone will absorb the chemicals and possibly affect the taste of the pizza. Stone will stain brown and is normal.
Jeanne Said:Do any women cook gourmet meals or are men the gourmet cooks in relationships?
We Answered:Hang around a college like Johnson & Wales(RI) and you will see lots of women who are going to college to become chefs like what you are talking about...